Wednesday, February 3, 2010

REGRETS

Regrets

my tears stream
as i reflect on the past
an ocean has been wept
for one moment, so fast

memories are so clear
hell i remember his glare
she stood against the wall
terror in her stare

i walked onto the stairs
but she dare not twitch
still against the wall
held back by that bitch

this was my chance
i could have stopped it there
but it was not my place
to interrupt this pair

how much i regret
now one year in the past
something i could have stopped
if courage had been massed

i just walked away
leaving her to be bruised
crying against that wall
with a boyfriend who abused

i love her to death
she is now my best friend
but he's left her with scars
which she cannot mend

when someone gets close
she just pulls away
her fear often returns
with a look of fray

now even to this day
tears still come to my eyes
i can feel her pain
and emotions she cries

we are one in the same
this is our bond
i only care about
something which is so fond

she is my little sis
she is my heart and soul
she is my fucking world
but in my heart remain holes

each a black spot
for every time he touched her
something i could have stopped
had i not been deterred

now my heart is in pieces
how could have i left her behind
pinned against that wall
alone and in a bind

everyday how i wish
i could turn back the clock
just go back in time
and take away her shock

but this cannot be done
forever will my head swirl
everlasting are my regrets
in this infinite world

-Carlos "House" Gerardo

No comments: