Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MORTALITY

Mortality

it drives me insane
what will come of this all
will it be an eternity
or box with padded walls

because everyday i think of
that which cannot be known
the news reminds me of mortality
with every death that is shown

both of these concepts
downright scare me to death
they invade my slumber
and fill my waking breath

the trait of a poet
is that one can question all
not just life or death
but humanities flaws

but is that flaw our lifespan
or curi-osity of just one
our mind brings these grim thoughts
until our days are done

we have created worlds
which may not even be real
to which we devote our lives
for paradise boxed and sealed

for those who do not believe
what is it for we live
is this not the great question
to which our time we give

by jsut writing this poem
am i not questioning life
weather this all is pointless
or just one big strife

but the day my death comes
one concept will remain
the fact that we are all mortal
just chemical reactions and brain

-Carlos "House" Gerardo

No comments: